A simple firing to 1300C (about cone 11 and within the reach of
many ordinary kilns) and soaked may produce some crystal
development. However firing (actually sintering) at 1400C+ with
significant soaking time is needed for the best results. Thermal
expansion measuring equipment is needed to determine if your firing
is actually developing the crystal matrix or not.
As noted, a continuous crystal matrix is the object of cordierite
creation (not just the presence of the crystals in an otherwise
typical ceramic). Notwithstanding this, cordierite powder is
available, it is prefired and finely ground. It can be plasticized
for forming and bonded during firing (at much lower than normal
cordierite creation temperatures) to produce a ceramic that
certainly has lower expansion.
Temperature Rating: If firing mid to high temperature (cone 4-10), kiln shelves that
are too thin will sag with time so make sure you purchase the right
thickness. The shelves thickness options are ½", 5/8", ¾" and 1".
The decision need to take into account the firing temperature and
kiln shelve length. For example, if your kiln shelf length is 30"
and you fire to cone 6, 1" shelves thickness will be a wise choice.
Item and Descriptions
Max. Service temperature ℃
WE HAVE PROFESSIONAL DETECTING EQUIPMENT
We are aimed to improve R&D and production process and
equipment. Moreover, we cooperate with famous university such like
Liaoning University of Science and Technology, Beijing University
of Science and Technology.
- We will offer our best price.
- Your inquiry will be replied within 24 hours.
- Experienced staff can give you professional suggestions.
- We ensure you high quality products and timely delivery.
- We offer complete and good after-sale service.
Cordierite Kiln shelf is widely used to sinter pottery , ceramic
insulator and so on.Using temperature can not be over 1300 ℃
4. Advancer Benefits:
• Increased load capacity
• Easier lifting in and out of kilns due to lighter weight
• Easier on operators’ hands since all edges and corners are smooth
• Less need for full shelves since half shelves remain flat
• Significantly less (if any) scraping, grinding and other
time-consuming messy or dusty prep work between firings
• Reduced firing costs over time
• Faster firing cycles, if desired